Campus, please follow these rules of etiquette for basketball games. Those who do not follow the rules are subject to ejection from the game, or more severe consequences.
1. All students must have their school ID to enter and remain.
2. The only people with court-side seats are administrators, officers, and an athletic trainer. All club/organization sponsors will sit in the bleachers during a game. No extra chairs, couches, etc. will be allowed. Fans, coaches, and teachers will sit in the bleachers to cheer the basketball team to victory. For security, administrators and officers must have immediate access to all areas during the game. Also, athletic trainers must be able to help students with injuries.
3. All fans must pay for admittance to the game. Therefore, athletes will not be allowed free admittance when it is not their season. For example, football players will not be allowed free admittance to basketball games. Performers will only be admitted free to a game if their names appear on a sponsor-provided list at the gate.
4. Sponsors of groups performing during the game must provide a list containing all members to gate personnel prior to the game. Students not on the list will not be admitted to the game for free.
5. Fans will not be allowed to enter the gym from the band (or north) hallway. All fans must enter through the front lobby of the gym.
6. Any person who leaves the game must pay to reenter.
7. No loitering.
8. During the game, outside food and drinks will not be allowed in the gym.
9. Only EHS players and coaches are allowed to sit on the EHS bench or in the chairs designated for the EHS teams.
10. Volunteers at the gate need to get a radio from the front office prior to the game.
11. Administrators who will be escorted by officers will secure funds after the games. (Administrators see Dr. DeLoach for instructions.)
NOTE: Any fan, student, or player can be subjected to a search during the game.
EHS supporters, remember that our goal at a basketball game is to cheer for the wonderful athletes that we have at EHS. We do not want to do negative things that will distract from the enjoyment of the basketball games.
Dr. DeLoach, EHS Principal